Antique Writing Slope, English, Rosewood, Leather, Pen Box, Victorian, C.1880
Our Stock # 18.6720
This is an antique writing slope. An English, Rosewood and leather pen box, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Period Victorian boxed slope
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select rosewood shows fine grain interest
- Rich colour throughout the wax polish finish
- Deep garnet coloured leather skiver with gold tooling
- Storage compartments with striking grain to interior
- Pair of glass ink wells sit within individual square recesses
- Hidden compartment beneath removable cover to front of case
- Slope housed within appealing rosewood case
- Decorated with a perimeter band of mother of pearl on black ground
- Attractive, inlaid crest motif to lid and unmarked name plaque above lock
- Dressed with diamond lock escutcheon with working barrel — key present
This is a charming antique writing slope with fine grain interest and appealing finish throughout. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Depth: 22.5cm (8.75'')
Max Height: 15cm (6'')
Extended Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World