Antique Writing Slope, Bramah Lock, English, Regency, Mechi London, c.1830
Our Stock # 18.5728
This is an antique writing slope in mahogany with Bramah lock, an English, Regency slope by renowned maker with Royal connections, John Joseph Mechi, dating to the early 19th century circa 1830.
- A superior piece of quality craftsmanship
- Warm russet hues to the select mahogany
- Grain interest with a desirable aged patina
- Vacant inlaid brass cartouche to the top
- Fitted with a quality working Bramah lock and flush cabin handles to the sides
- Opening the slope reveals a baized slope with stationery compartments behind
- Shaped, inlaid brass escutcheons with working locks and keys
- Leather pulls to access document safes beneath where the maker's label is found
- A silver topped ink well features a twist lock lid preventing spills in transit
- A removable pen tray, one lidded and two vacant compartments
- A delightful pin lock releases the external drawer
- Visible shaped brass strapping and quality hinges add to the appeal
A splendid example of an antique writing slope. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Depth: 28cm (11'')
Max Height: 19cm (7.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.