Antique Writing Slope, Bramah Lock, Victorian, Mechi London, c.1840
Our Stock # 18.5728
This is an antique writing slope in mahogany with Bramah lock, an English, Victorian slope by renowned maker with Royal connections, John Joseph Mechi, dating to the early 19th century circa 1840.
- A superior piece of quality craftsmanship
- Warm russet hues to the select mahogany
- Grain interest with a desirable aged patina
- Vacant inlaid brass cartouche to the top
- Fitted with a quality working Bramah lock and flush cabin handles to the sides
- Opening the slope reveals a baized slope with stationery compartments behind
- Shaped, inlaid brass escutcheons with working locks and keys
- Leather pulls to access document safes beneath where the maker's label is found
- A silver topped ink well features a twist lock lid preventing spills in transit
- A removable pen tray, one lidded and two vacant compartments
- A delightful pin lock releases the external drawer
- Visible shaped brass strapping and quality hinges add to the appeal
A splendid example of an antique writing slope. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Depth: 28cm (11'')
Max Height: 19cm (7.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World