Antique Writing Desk, William IV Bonheur Du Jour, A Solomon, Circa 1835
Our Stock # 18.5095
This is an antique writing desk, a William IV bonheur du jour, stamped A. SOLOMON 59 GT QUEEN ST. Abraham Solomon was a London furniture broker and antique dealer c.1830-40, dealing in quality Georgian furniture.
- Superior quality, in good proportion with a wax polished finish
- Select mahogany displaying good, consistent colour
- Appealing grain interest with a desirable aged patina
- Three quarter galleried top displays well
- Standing upon attractive, turned and tapered, helically reeded legs
- All legs riding upon original brass castors
- Smooth action pushing back lower surface to release writing desk and unlock upper cover
- Gold tooled, olive green leather skiver writing surface offering multiple angles on ratchet
- Stationery wells to each side with a removable pen tray and secret cubby below
- Upper full width row of stationery cubbies over a suite of six drawers dressed with turned pulls
A magnificent piece Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 96cm (37.75'')
Max Depth: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Height: 116cm (45.75'')
Desk Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Desk Depth: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World