Antique Writing Desk, William IV Bonheur Du Jour, A Solomon, Circa 1835
Our Stock # 18.5095
This is an antique writing desk, a William IV bonheur du jour, stamped A. SOLOMON 59 GT QUEEN ST. Abraham Solomon was a London furniture broker and antique dealer c.1830-40, dealing in quality Georgian furniture.
- Superior quality, in good proportion with a wax polished finish
- Select mahogany displaying good, consistent colour
- Appealing grain interest with a desirable aged patina
- Three quarter galleried top displays well
- Standing upon attractive, turned and tapered, helically reeded legs
- All legs riding upon original brass castors
- Smooth action pushing back lower surface to release writing desk and unlock upper cover
- Gold tooled, olive green leather skiver writing surface offering multiple angles on ratchet
- Stationery wells to each side with a removable pen tray and secret cubby below
- Upper full width row of stationery cubbies over a suite of six drawers dressed with turned pulls
A magnificent piece Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 96cm (37.75'')
Max Depth: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Height: 116cm (45.75'')
Desk Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Desk Depth: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.