Antique Writing Desk, Oak, Green Man, Scottish, Table, Circa 1890
Our Stock # AAU-3485
This is an antique writing desk, an oak, green man, Scottish table dating to circa 1890.
- Delightfully carved all round, ideal for centre room placement
- Appealing russet tones to the oak with a wax polished finish
- Inset, Oxford green, tooled skiver highlighted in gold
- Foliate carved interest to the top's edge moulding
- Offering a suite of drawers around a bracketed knee hole
- The frieze drawer with green man mask and oak leaf and acorn detail
- To the left a pair of drawers, the upper locking, the lower with a turned pull
- To the right a double depth drawer with working lock and key
- Opens to reveal to the rear – a desk extension slide with drawer beneath
- To the fore, a four compartment stationery tray with storage beneath
- The end panels feature a classically decorated garland and frame
- The back displaying three panels of similar carved interest
- Raised on tapering, fluted legs with onion knees and ball feet
A classic writing desk. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 144cm (56.75'')
Max Depth: 74cm (29.25'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World