Antique Writing Desk, English, Rosewood, Study, Side, Table, Regency, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.6544
This is an antique writing desk. An English, solid rosewood five-drawer study or side table, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Beautiful writing desk with wonderful carved detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select rosewood shows fine grain interest
- Deep, rich russet hues to the wax polish finish
- Broad, solid rosewood writing surface with a hand-carved pie crust edge
- Suite of five drawers arranged as two pairs and a larger central drawer
- Dressed with flat domed wooden pulls and finished with cockbeading
- Inset brass lock escutcheon to central drawer — key absent
- Stout shoulders testament to the craftsmanship of this piece
- Shaped front apron decorated with a pair of inset shell carvings
- Raised upon wonderful reeded, tapering legs and standing on tall turnip feet
This is an antique writing table from the Regency period, with fine, solid rosewood and quality carved detail. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 135cm (53.25'')
Max Depth: 68.5cm (27'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Kneehole Width: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World