Antique Writing Desk, English, Oak, Leather, Correspondence Table, Edwardian
Our Stock # 18.9516
This is an antique writing desk. An English, oak and leather correspondence table, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Of useful proportion and beautifully figured
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Striking quarter sawn oak presents superior grain interest and warm caramel hues
- Dressed to the top surface with an inset leather skiver, in good condition
- Two useful drawers across the front fascia, dressed with a pair of brass handles
- Inset, brass lined locks to each drawer — untested, key absent
- Drawer boxes crafted from mahogany with deep dovetail joints
- Raised upon tapering legs, with smooth riding brass and ceramic castors
This is an eye-catching antique writing desk, with a generous leather skiver and two drawers for keeping pens and books in discrete order. Perfect for the scholar or avid letter writer. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 92cm (36.25'')
Max Depth: 60.5cm (23.75'')
Max Height: 78.5cm (31'')
Skiver Width: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Skiver Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Drawer Width: 35.5cm (14'')
Drawer Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Drawer Height: 7cm (2.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World