Antique Writing Desk, English, Burr Walnut, Oak, Lowboy, Table, Georgian, C.1800
Our Stock # 18.7528
This is an antique writing desk. An English, burr walnut and oak lowboy or table, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1800.
- Captivatingly figured and of superb elegance
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in fine antique order
- Burr walnut stocks graced with fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues radiate beneath a quality wax polish finish
- Classical lowboy form with an arrangement of three drawers
- Bookmatched burr walnut top presents arresting figuring with inlaid border to edges
- Drawer fronts finished with brass drop handles over bat wing backplates
- Inset lock with escutcheon to central drawer — key absent
- Oak drawer boxes with large dovetail joints exude quality craftsmanship
- Dashing front apron with sinuous shaped brackets cascading to the broad knee
- Raised upon a tall quartet of serpentine cabriole legs with broad pad feet
This is a delectable antique writing desk, strikingly appointed with burr walnut bookmatching and delightful caramel hues. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Kneehole Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Kneehole Height: 53cm (20.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World