Antique Work Table, Victorian, Sewing, Chess, English c.1860
Our Stock # LFA-1649
This is an antique work table, a Victorian sewing station, English dating to circa 1860.
- Mahogany and walnut with attractive grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Good consistent colour in a waxed polished finish
- Raised on pierced, shaped legs united by a fretwork stretcher
- Standing upon block, square section platforms over scrolled feet
- Shaped top featuring a chess board inlaid in kingwood and boxwood
- Compartmentalised frieze drawer complete with original lining paper and working lock and key
- Lower sliding, lined 'scraps' drawer dressed with ruched cream fabric trimmed with tassels
Excellent proportions in a superior quality piece with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured.
Excluding: Highlands & Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Jersey & Guernsey and remote areas – please let us know your post code to confirm.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
USA & Canada
We apologise we can not ship to Russia at this time but you are welcome to arrange your own courier service. We will support you with any details required.
Rest of the World
Please let us know your country and area code and we will find the most competitve rate for you