Antique Work Table, Victorian, Sewing, Chess, English c.1860
Our Stock # LFA-1649
This is an antique work table, a Victorian sewing station, English dating to circa 1860.
- Mahogany and walnut with attractive grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Good consistent colour in a waxed polished finish
- Raised on pierced, shaped legs united by a fretwork stretcher
- Standing upon block, square section platforms over scrolled feet
- Shaped top featuring a chess board inlaid in kingwood and boxwood
- Compartmentalised frieze drawer complete with original lining paper and working lock and key
- Lower sliding, lined 'scraps' drawer dressed with ruched cream fabric trimmed with tassels
Excellent proportions in a superior quality piece with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.