Antique Work Table, Regency, Sewing, English, Burr Walnut, Amboyna, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.5237
This is an antique work table, a Regency sewing table in burr walnut and amboyna, English dating to circa 1820 and later.
- Burr walnut and amboyna with attractive grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Good consistent colour in a waxed polished finish
- Raised on tapered, ring turned legs united by an inlaid 'X' stretcher
- Riding upon ceramic castors in brass mounts
- Canted corners to the top featuring a broad, amboyna band frame
- Compartmentalised frieze drawer complete with working lock and key
- Lower sliding, 'scraps' drawer dressed with patterned silk cotton lining
Excellent proportions in a quality piece with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 38.5cm (15.25'')
Max Height: 73.5cm (29'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.