Antique Work Table, English, Victorian, Burr Walnut Sewing Companion Circa 1860
Our Stock # LFA-1731
This is an antique work table, an English, Victorian burr walnut sewing companion circa 1860.
- Most attractive burr walnut top
- Displaying well figured grain in a wax polished finish
- Pleasing colour with a desirable aged patina
- Shaped top with egg moulding perimeter
- All round serpentine frieze with swagged apron and canted corners
- A single frieze drawer with brass keyhole lining and lock, key absent
- Smooth sliding work bag with deep recess ideal for needlework
- Cream damask cloth to outside with matching brocade trim
- Inside, the original emerald green silk satin lining
- Standing upon four cabriole legs united by a ring turned stretcher
- Legs feature carved floral knees and scrolled toes
- Riding upon the original brass castors
A useful and handsome side table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 74cm (29.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.