Antique Water Purifying Filter, English, Ceramic, Decorative, Victorian, C.1870
Our Stock # 18.7490
This is an antique water purifying filter. An English, ceramic decorative piece, dating to the mid-Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Fascinating filtration system representing Victorian ingenuity
- Displays a desirable aged patina with some small marks under close inspection
- Of pleasing weight, the ceramic presents a mellow caramel appearance beneath a lightly polished finish
- Domed top with thick rim and perforated filter insert within the neck
- Small cup handles to each side, with scroll-shaped form and decorative finish
- Large relief maker's mark to front reads 'London & General Water Purifying Company'
- Further reads 'F.H. Danchell's Patent' set within a shield device bearing the Royal coat of arms
- The whole stands upon a trio of squat bun feet recessed beneath a rolled edge moulding
This is a charming antique water purifying filter, with superb Victorian appeal and decorative interest. Delivered polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 34.5cm (13.5'')
Max Depth: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Max Height: 36.5cm (14.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World