Antique Wall Gong, Indian, Oak, Dinner, Ceremonial Monastery Chime, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.7139
This is an antique wall gong. An Indian, oak and brass dinner or ceremonial monastery chime, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Fascinating ceremonial gong with pleasing timbre
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select oak shows deep russet hues and fine grain interest
- Carved frame with fruiting vines and pierced bracket supports
- Hand-beaten gilt shield gong shows great patination and decorated with jasmine flower icon
- Turned wooden mallet with leather pad for gentle striking, sitting within recess to frame
- Gong suspended beneath the frame with quality leather cord
- Can be detached for mobile chiming - great for the foothills
- Pair of brass mounting hoops to rear, ready for wall hanging
This is a charming antique wall gong, with copious carved details and offering dulcet mountain tones. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Depth: 11cm (4.25'')
Max Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World