Antique Victorian Screen, English, Limed Oak, Cane, Room Divider, Wall Panel
Our Stock # 11.3282
This is an antique Victorian screen. An English, limed oak and cane room divider or wall panel and dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- Pleasingly weighted, versatile screen
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Limed Oak showing distinctive marking commensurate with age
- Bergere cane in concentric pattern and good order throughout
- Carved pediment to each panel with foliate and scroll detail
- Further decoration with winged dragons and pattern borders
- Turned finials adorn each panel – some application visible under closer inspection
- Original wooden hinges for folding from concertina to flat
- Decorated with a three colour coat of arms featuring a trio of salt cellars, a pair of fish and a lion
- Canework presented against a light blue silk ground
- Lower panels to the fascia and rear finished in natural jute
- Upper rear panels finished with silk cotton fabric of foliate pattern
This is an antique Victorian screen with character and versatility. Sure to enhance any room, delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 242cm (95.25'')
Max Depth: 15cm (6'')
Max Height: 182.5cm (71.75'')
Folded Width: 63cm (24.75")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World