Antique Triple Wardrobe, Scottish, Oak, Compactum, Victorian, Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5963
This is an antique triple wardrobe. A Scottish, oak and burr walnut compactum dating to the mid-Victorian period of the 19th century, circa 1870.
- Superior cuts of oak and burr walnut enchant with rich caramel hues and fine grain interest
- Displays wonderfully with good consistent colour and a desirable aged patina
- Original mirror plate with bevelled edge and light foxing commensurate with age
- Of country house proportion and impressive scale at 7'5" high x 6' wide (230cm x 183cm)
- A pair of finials upon a crown moulding featuring dentil moulding and inlays
- A trio of elaborately carved field panels display foliate and lion motif
- Four larger field panels resplendent in quarter book-matched burr walnut situated either side of the mirror plate
- Brass lock escutcheons to each door with drop handles, key present
- Central door opens to reveal a hat shelf over a pair of linen slides, with triple chest of drawers under
- Brass hanging rails with adjustable hooks to each side
- Behind the mirrored door, three shelves above a suite of three drawers, with brass handles
- Raised upon a continuous plinth base
This is a splendid antique wardrobe of Scottish country house proportion and displays beautifully. Separates for ease of installation into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 183cm (72'')
Max Depth: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 230cm (90.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World