Antique Travel Trunk, English, Tin, Shipping Chest, Wildman, Vice Consulate
Our Stock # 18.6210
This is an antique travel trunk. An English, tin shipping chest in the name of T.B. Wildman, vice consulate for Great Britain in Punta Arenas, Chile and dating to the early 20th century, circa 1919.
- Of historical interest and appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina, commensurate with age
- Weathered tin evocative of T.B. Wildman's journeys across oceans and continents
- Original paper labels provide further documentary interest
- Dome-top lid operates smoothly on rear-mounted hinges
- Shipping label to the right-hand side of the lid
- Broad central beam and a pair of internal staves fortify the lid
- Maker's mark stamped into the leading edge - S. Hunt & Sons, Ironmongers, Liverpool
- Each side dressed with a loop handle for carriage
- Left-hand handle featuring a repository label for Harvey Nichols in Bournemouth
This is a fascinating antique travel trunk with high appeal to collectors of historical importance or maritime enthusiasts. As useful today as it was 100 years ago. Delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 65.5cm (25.75'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 42.5cm (16.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World