Antique Telescope, Two Draw, Refractor, Stampa and Son, London, Circa 1810
Our Stock # 18.5084
This is an antique telescope, a two draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English telescope by Stampa and Son, London dating to the late Georgian period, circa 1810.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, leather primary barrel in good order
- Draw tubes in good order, the odd minor depression
- Draws with a firm action and focuses easily
- Engraved Stampa and Son, London, Day or Night
- 38mm, 1.5", achromatic doublet objective lens
- Sun shade slide and lens cap with integral dust slide
- Sliding dust cover to flared eye cup
Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display. An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Max Width: 37.5cm (14.75'')
Max Depth: 97cm (38.25'')
Max Height: 3.8cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World