Antique, Telescope, Two Draw, Mahogany, Brass, J.P. Cutts, London Circa 1836-9
Our Stock # 18.5058
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English scope by J.P. Cutts of London (headquartered in Sheffield) dating to the early 19th century, circa 1836-9.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, mahogany primary barrel in good order
- Draw tubes in good order with smooth action
- 38mm, 1.5", achromatic doublet objective lens
- Inscribed 'JP Cutts, London, Day or Night'
- Complete with lens cap with integral dust slide
- Sliding dust cover to flared eye cup
Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display. An historic, period piece good to use today.
Closed Length: 40.75cm (16'')
Max Drawn Length: 91.5cm (36'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 4cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World