Antique Telescope, Three Draw Terrestrial, Achromatic, Refractor, Dollond c.1800
Our Stock # 18.5063
This is an antique telescope, a three draw terrestrial achromatic refractor. An English Georgian piece by Dollond dating to circa 1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- Engraved 'Dollond London'
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Original leather carry case, strap absent
- Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Parallel, painted fruitwood primary barrel
- Triple, brass, segmented draw tubes in good order
- Offering a smooth draw action and easy focus
- 42mm, 1.75" objective lens
- Swivel dust cover to flared eye cup
An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Fully Drawn Length: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Closed Length: 23.5cm (9.25'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 42cm (16.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World