Antique Telescope, Three Draw Refractor, J Casartelli and Son, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.5080
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English Victorian scope by J Casartelli and Son, Manchester and dating to circa 1900.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Engraved 'J Casartelli, Manchester, 18x'
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Parallel, stitched leather primary barrel
- Brass draw tubes in good order, offering a smooth draw action and easy focus
- 33mm, 1.25" achromatic objective lens claimed to be 18x magnification by maker
- Lens cap and swivel dust cover to flared eye cup,
- Slight deformation to eyecup perimeter
- An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was a hundred years ago
A good example of an antique telescope. Presented ready to use or display.
Closed Length: 20.5cm (8'')
Fully Drawn: 58.5cm (23'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 33mm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World