Antique Telescope, Three Draw Refractor, English, Georgian Dollond Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.5067
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English Georgian piece by Dollond dating to circa 1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- Engraved 'Dollond London'
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Original leather carry case, strap absent
- Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Parallel, painted fruitwood primary barrel
- Triple, brass, segmented draw tubes in good order
- Offering a smooth draw action and easy focus
- 38mm, 1.5" objective lens
- Lens cap and swivel dust cover to flared eye cup
An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Fully Drawn Length: 73.5cm (29'')
Closed Length: 23.5cm (9.25'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 4cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.