Antique Telescope, Three Draw, Mahogany, Brass, English, Georgian, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5061
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English, late Georgian piece dating to circa 1780.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, mahogany primary barrel in good order
- Draw tubes in good order with smooth action
- 37mm, 1.5", achromatic doublet objective lens
- Unnamed – not unusual for most telescopes of this age
- Complete with lens cap with integral dust slide
- Sliding dust cover to flared eye cup
Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display. An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Max Drawn Length with Sun Shade: 91.5cm (36'')
Closed Length: 30cm (11.75'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 3.5cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World