Antique Telescope on Stand, English, Terrestrial, Astronomical, Circa 1750
Our Stock # 18.5055
This is an antique telescope on stand, an English piece suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use dating to the mid 18th century, circa 1750.
- A super example of an 18th century refractor
- Perfectly good to use today presenting a good clear image
- Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Decagonal, gently tapered walnut barrel
- Brass mounts and single draw tube in good order
- Bulbous eye cup with sliding dust cover
- One and a quarter inch objective glass
- Built in sliding protective dust cover
- Focused by varying the length of the draw tube
A very fine example and a handsome instrument, great for everyday use or display.
Max Drawn Length: 112cm (44'')
Closed Length: 96cm (37.75'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 3cm (1.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.