Antique Telescope on Stand, English, Terrestrial, Astronomical, Circa 1750
Our Stock # 18.5055
This is an antique telescope on stand, an English piece suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use dating to the mid 18th century, circa 1750.
- A super example of an 18th century refractor
- Perfectly good to use today presenting a good clear image
- Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Decagonal, gently tapered walnut barrel
- Brass mounts and single draw tube in good order
- Bulbous eye cup with sliding dust cover
- One and a quarter inch objective glass
- Built in sliding protective dust cover
- Focused by varying the length of the draw tube
A very fine example and a handsome instrument, great for everyday use or display.
Max Drawn Length: 112cm (44'')
Closed Length: 96cm (37.75'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 3cm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World