Antique Telescope, Five Draw Terrestrial Refractor, Banks of London Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.5064
This is an antique telescope, a five draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English Georgian piece dating to circa 1820.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy; Fully inspected and lenses cleaned by our in-house restorer.
- Larger than most presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Parallel, fruitwood, primary barrel in good order
- Five brass draw tubes in good order, superficial dinks and marks
- 47mm, 1.75", achromatic doublet objective lens
- Presents a good, sharp and bright image
Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- Engraved 'Banks, 441 Strand London,Inst.. Maker to HRH the Prince of Wales'
- The Prince of Wales in this case being George IV
An historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Max Drawn Length: 103.5cm (40.75'')
Length Closed: 25cm (9.75'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 4.7cm (1.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World