Antique Telescope, English, Single Draw, Refractor, Terrestrial, Circa 1760
Our Stock # 18.5087
This is an antique telescope. An English single draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use and dating to the mid 18th century, circa 1760.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Rich colouration and a desirable aged patina to the brass
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Octagonal, wooden parallel primary barrel
- Single, segmented brass draw tube operates smoothly
- 20mm, 0.78" objective lens with sliding dust cover
- Bulbous eye cup with sliding dust cover
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is a charming antique telescope from the Georgian period and a historic, period piece as good to use today as it was 260 years ago. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for viewing.
Closed Length: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Max Drawn Length: 54.5cm (21.5'')
Objective Lens Diameter: 0.2cm (0.78'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World