Antique Telescope, English, Refractor, Dollond of London, circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.6055
This is an antique two draw telescope. An English refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use by Dollond of London and dating to the early 19th century, circa 1820.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife stalking, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, wooden primary barrel in good order
- Segmented first draw tube
- Draws with a firm action and focuses easily
- 25mm (1") achromatic objective
- Engraved, sliding dust cover to objective; reads 'Dollond, London'
- Flared eyecup with swivel cover
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is a charming Dollond telescope, and as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Closed Length: 23cm (9'')
Fully Drawn Length: 52cm (20.5'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 25mm (1'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World