Antique Telescope, English, 3 Draw Refractor, Silberrad Aldgate, 19th Century
Our Stock # 18.5069
This is an antique telescope. An English, three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use by Silberrad of Aldgate, London and dating to the early 19th century, circa 1810.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife stalking, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, mahogany primary barrel in good order
- Draw tubes in good order with smooth action
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
- 35mm (1.5") achromatic objective
- Brass lens cap and flared eyecup with swivel dust cover
- Fine grain interest and rich mahogany hues
- Bears the maker's mark; Silberrad - Aldgate, London
This is a lovely mahogany and brass telescope by renowned optical instrument maker Silberrad.
Closed Length: 18cm (7'')
Fully Drawn Length: 55cm (21.75'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 35mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World