Antique Telescope, Dollond, Three Draw, Terrestrial, Astronomical Circa 1830
Our Stock # 18.5076
This is an antique telescope by Dollond dating to the early 19th century, a three draw scope suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use, circa 1830.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- A fine example of a navigational telescope by renowned maker Dollond
- A triple draw scope featuring a 30mm achromatic objective glass
- The optics present a clear, sharp and crisp image
- The leather covered barrel and stitching in good order
- The tapered eyepiece retains the original slide dust cover
- Lens cover for objective glass
- The tubes in very good order throughout
- Inscribed 'Dollond London'
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
An historic piece from a superior name, good to use today.
Closed Length: 24cm (9.5'')
Fully Drawn: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Objective Lens Diameter: 30mm (1.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.