Antique Telescope, Dollond London, Terrestrial Four Draw Refractor Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.5066
This is an antique telescope by Dollond dating to the early 19th century, a four draw scope suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use, c.1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- A fine example of a telescope by renowned maker Dollond
- A four draw scope features a 43mm achromatic objective glass
- The optics present a clear, sharp and crisp image
- The painted wooden, parallel barrel in good order
- The eyepiece retains the original swivel dust cover
- Complete with lens cap and leather case
- The draw tubes in very good order throughout
- Inscribed 'Dollond London' on the first tube
- Supplied with a London Fine, oak and brass, 'Captain's Stand' for display
An historic piece from a superior name, good to use today.
Max Drawn Length: 106cm (41.75'')
Closed Length: 29cm (11.5'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 43mm (1.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World