Antique Telescope, Dollond London, Terrestrial Four Draw Refractor Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.5066
This is an antique telescope by Dollond dating to the early 19th century, a four draw scope suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use, c.1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- A fine example of a telescope by renowned maker Dollond
- A four draw scope features a 43mm achromatic objective glass
- The optics present a clear, sharp and crisp image
- The painted wooden, parallel barrel in good order
- The eyepiece retains the original swivel dust cover
- Complete with lens cap and leather case
- The draw tubes in very good order throughout
- Inscribed 'Dollond London' on the first tube
- Supplied with a London Fine, oak and brass, 'Captain's Stand' for display
An historic piece from a superior name, good to use today.
Max Drawn Length: 106cm (41.75'')
Closed Length: 29cm (11.5'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 43mm (1.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.