Antique Telescope, Dollond 'Day or Night' Terrestrial & Astronomical Use c.1850
Our Stock # LFA-1690
This is an antique telescope by Dollond dating to the mid 19th century, a 'day or night' single draw scope suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use, c.1850.
- A fine example of a navigational telescope by renowned maker Dollond
- A single draw scope featuring a 40mm achromatic objective glass
- The optics present a clear, sharp and crisp image
- The leather covered barrel and stitching in very good order
- The eyepiece retains the original swivel dust cover
- The original objective lens cap still fits snugly
- The tubes in very good order throughout
- Inscribed 'Dollond London Day or Night'
- Indicating the telescope is good for all light conditions
A super example, easy and great to use.
Closed Length: 53cm (20.86")
Drawn Length: 92cm (36.25")
Barrel Diameter: 60mm (2.36")
Visible Objective Glass Diameter: 40mm (1.57")
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.