Antique Telescope, Dollond 'Day or Night' Terrestrial & Astronomical Use c.1850
Our Stock # LFA-1690
This is an antique telescope by Dollond dating to the mid 19th century, a 'day or night' single draw scope suitable for terrestrial or astronomical use, c.1850.
- A fine example of a navigational telescope by renowned maker Dollond
- A single draw scope featuring a 40mm achromatic objective glass
- The optics present a clear, sharp and crisp image
- The leather covered barrel and stitching in very good order
- The eyepiece retains the original swivel dust cover
- The original objective lens cap still fits snugly
- The tubes in very good order throughout
- Inscribed 'Dollond London Day or Night'
- Indicating the telescope is good for all light conditions
A super example, easy and great to use.
Closed Length: 53cm (20.86")
Drawn Length: 92cm (36.25")
Barrel Diameter: 60mm (2.36")
Visible Objective Glass Diameter: 40mm (1.57")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World