Antique Telescope, Dollond, 2" Refracting Library Scope in Mahogany Case c.1800
Our Stock # R0667
This is an antique telescopeåÊin mahogany case dating to circa 1800 by renowned optical instrument makeråÊDollond.
- Clear sharp optics with 2" achromatic objective glass
- Additional solar observation lens (We DO NOT advise using without scrutiny first)
- Rack and pinion fine focus
- Terrestrial or astronomical use (upright image)
- Brass pillar mount with folding legs and spade feet
- Fluid movement in horizontal and vertical planes
- Signed 'Dollond London' on the collar
- Original mahogany case
A super example of a library scope, perfectly good for modern observation.
Objective Glass: 51mm (2")
Fully Drawn Length: 102cm (40")
Height on Stand to Horizontal: 50cm (19.5")
Case Width: 77cm (30")
Case Depth: 17.5cm (7")
Case Height: 10cm (4")
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.