Antique Telescope, Dollond, 2" Refracting Library Scope in Mahogany Case c.1800
Our Stock # R0667
This is an antique telescopeåÊin mahogany case dating to circa 1800 by renowned optical instrument makeråÊDollond.
- Clear sharp optics with 2" achromatic objective glass
- Additional solar observation lens (We DO NOT advise using without scrutiny first)
- Rack and pinion fine focus
- Terrestrial or astronomical use (upright image)
- Brass pillar mount with folding legs and spade feet
- Fluid movement in horizontal and vertical planes
- Signed 'Dollond London' on the collar
- Original mahogany case
A super example of a library scope, perfectly good for modern observation.
Objective Glass: 51mm (2")
Fully Drawn Length: 102cm (40")
Height on Stand to Horizontal: 50cm (19.5")
Case Width: 77cm (30")
Case Depth: 17.5cm (7")
Case Height: 10cm (4")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World