Antique Telescope, Bancks and Son, English, 3 Draw, Late 18th Century, C.1800
Our Stock # 18.5065
This is an antique telescope, engraved Bancks & Son. An English three draw refractor dating to the late 18th century, circa 1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Original condition and displaying a desirable aged patina
- Parallel fruitwood primary barrel in good order
- Three draw refractor withdraws with a smooth action, easy to focus
- Presents a good, sharp and bright image
- 40mm (1.5") achromatic objective with lens cover
- Flared eyecup with sliding dust cover
- Inscription reads; Bancks & Son, Strand London - Inst. Makers to His Majesty
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
An historic, period piece that is fine to use today and also displays well.
Closed Length: 24cm (9.5'')
Max Drawn Length: 74cm (29.25'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 4cm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World