Antique Telescope, A Franks Ltd, Manchester, Officer of the Watch, Early C20th
Our Stock # 18.5082
This is an antique telescope, a single draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English, 'Officer of the Watch' telescope dating to the early 20th century.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky. Supplied ready to enjoy.
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Parallel, leather clad, primary barrel in good order
- German silver (copper, zinc and nickel alloy) draw tube and sun shade
- Withdraws with a smooth action, easy to focus
- 30mm (1.25") objective lens
- Presents a good, sharp and bright image
- Engraved 'A. Franks Ltd, Manchester'
- Complete with leather lens cap and swivel dust cover
Supplied with an London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display. An historic, period piece fine to use today that displays well.
Max Drawn Length: 62.5cm (24.5'')
Length Closed: 48cm (19'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 30mm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World