Antique Telescope, 3 Draw, Terrestrial, Astronomical, English, Georgian, C.1780
Our Stock # 18.5062
This is an antique telescope, a three draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English, Georgian piece dating to the late 18th century, circa 1780.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Displays a desirable aged patina and rich hues
- Presenting a clear, sharp optical performance
- Parallel half wooden primary barrel
- Offering a smooth draw action and easy focus
- Three draw refractor with extending sunshade
- 30mm (1.25") achromatic objective with sliding dust cover
- Bulbous eyecup, also with sliding dust cover
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is a fascinating antique, Georgian telescope and as good to use today as it was over two hundred years ago. Delivered polished and ready for viewing.
Closed Length: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Drawn Length: 98.5cm (38.75'')
Objective Lens Diameter: 3cm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World