Antique Telescope, 2 Draw Refractor, English, Georgian, 18th Century, Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.6056
This is an antique telescope, a two draw refractor for terrestrial or astronomical use. An English, late Georgian piece dating to circa 1800.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife stalking, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Good optics presenting a clear, sharp performance
- Parallel, primary barrel presents well
- Draw tubes in good order with smooth action
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display.
- Flared eyecup with sliding cover
- Segmented draw tube
- 25mm (1") achromatic objective
- Sliding dust cover to objective
A fine antique telescope, an historic, period piece as good to use today as it was two hundred years ago.
Closed Length: 20cm (7.75'')
Fully Drawn Length: 46cm (18'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 25mm (1'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World