Antique Telescope on Stand, Terrestrial Astronomical Negretti & Zambra, 1899
Our Stock # 18.5073
This is an antique telescope dating to the late 19th century, 1899.
- In fine order physically and optically
- Upright image, ideal for terrestrial or astronomical use
- Delivered with a solid oak and brass, bespoke 'Captain's Stand'
- Single draw Negretti & Zambra telescope
- Engraved 'NEGRETTI & ZAMBRA, LONDON, 1899/733, TEL GARRISON [MARK I]'
- Also caries a feint military broad arrow
- Tapered, leather barrel and draw tube are dent free
- Retractable sun shade and lens cap
- Eyepiece offers a swivel dust cover
- Lenses are in good order offering a crisp, sharp image
- Achromatic objective lens is 58mm in diameter
- Focused by adjusting the length of the draw tube
A super example and a handsome instrument, great for everyday use or display.
Max Drawn Length: 132cm (52'')
Length Closed: 93cm (36.5'')
Objective Glass Diameter: 5.8cm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World