Antique Teapoy, English, William IV, Rosewood, Work Box, 19th Century Circa 1835
Our Stock # 18.5766
This is an antique teapoy, an English, William IV, rosewood work box dating to the early 19th century, circa 1835.
- Superb colour in the polished rosewood finish
- Grain interest throughout with a desirable aged patina
- Canted lid and broad frieze in good proportion footed with carved decoration
- Featuring a Bramah style lock, untested as key absent
- Raised on a tapered, turned, barrel stem
- Anchored in a carved collar to the hyperboloid platform
- The scrolled feet over smooth running brass castors
- Opening the hinged lid reveals a clean interior
A fine example of an antique teapoy. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 41cm (16.25'')
Max Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Max Height: 73.5cm (29'')
Internal Width: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Internal Depth: 23cm (9'')
Internal Height: 11cm (4.25'')
Plus Lid Height: 3cm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World