Antique Tea Caddy, English, Rosewood, Chest, Thomas of London, Regency, C.1820
Our Stock # 18.7014
This is an antique tea caddy. An English, Rosewood chest with Mother of Pearl inlay by Thomas of London, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Ornate sarcophagus caddy
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select Rosewood offers striking grain interest
- Mother of Pearl inlay catches the light beautifully
- Of fine craftsmanship and elegant form
- Circular, working brass lock — key present with golden cotton tassel
- Lid interior with decorative inlaid frieze
- Arranged as two caddies either side of a cut glass mixing bowl
- Mixing bowl in good order with attractive diamond pattern
- Inlay extends to the Rosewood caddy lids
- Maker's Mark for E. Thomas, No.54 Burlington Arcade, London
- Drop handles to each side and raised on a quartet of squat bun feet
This is a wonderful antique tea caddy with superb Mother of Pearl inlay and cut glass mixer. Sure to grace any desk or display space, with its attractive sarcophagus forms. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 35cm (13.75'')
Max Depth: 19.5cm (7.75'')
Max Height: 20cm (7.75'')
Tea Box Width: 7.5cm (3'')
Tea Box Depth: 12.5cm (5'')
Tea Box Height: 12.5cm (5'')
Glass Diameter: 9cm (3.5")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World