Antique Taxidermy Scene, Birds, Pheasant, Blackbird, Display Case, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6752
This is an antique taxidermy scene. An English, bird scene with pine and glass display case, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Showcase piece for the gentleman's library
- Displays a desirable aged patina — original sealed condition
- Stained pine case with gold tooled border
- Original glass with some age related patination to the interior
- Scene replete with male and female ring-necked pheasants and a rare semi-albino blackbird
- Presented on a typical English countryside ground with fern and branch foliage
- Light blue sky backdrop adds to the ambience
- Label to rear reads 'Presented by Stephen Tucker Esq. Somerset Herald, Dec. 1880'
This is an appealing antique taxidermy scene, well suited to the study or drawing room in a country house. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 80cm (31.5'')
Max Depth: 25cm (9.75'')
Max Height: 60.5cm (23.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World