Antique Strongbox, English, Cast Iron, Safe, Deposit Case, Victorian, Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.6541
This is an antique strongbox. An English, cast iron safe deposit case, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Fascinating antique safe of impressive weight
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Cast iron resplendent in a good, consistent graphite finish
- Naturally weathered interior presents an attractive array of hues
- 6mm (0.25") thick safe door opens upwards with a stout handle
- Dressed with an inset lock mechanism and swivel cover — in working order, key present
- Pair of robust drop handles to either side of the strongbox
- Superb security assured by a reassuring weight of 100kg (220lb)
This is an appealing antique strongbox, with dependable weight and proportion. Can be used free-standing or sunk into the floor for added security. Delivered polished and ready to serve.
Max Width: 71.5cm (28.25'')
Max Depth: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Height: 43cm (17'')
Vault Width: 69.5cm (27.25'')
Vault Depth: 41.5cm (16.25'')
Vault Height: 37cm (14.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World