Antique Stick Barometer, Walnut, Scientific Instrument, Negretti & Zambra, 1900
Our Stock # 18.6933
This is an antique stick barometer. An English, walnut scientific instrument with thermometer by Negretti & Zambra, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Presented in the classic stick barometer style
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select walnut offers fine grain interest
- Caramel hues complement the light, clear dials
- Sinuous dome top encloses the large barometer face
- Mercury gauge with manually adjustable change indicator
- Face decorated with quality type and a fleur-de-lys motif
- The maker's mark for Negretti & Zambra, London featured beneath the dome top
- Adjusts by way of small key situated beneath the dial
- Enamel plaque to front fascia certifies the working altitude adjustment
- Secondary dial displays the room temperature in Fahrenheit
- Hemispherical cistern cover to rear with attractive tiered finish
- Dressed with a brass hanging loop to the rear
This is a desirable antique stick barometer by one of London's celebrated scientific instrument manufacturers, which is reflected in the quality and grace of its craftsmanship. Sure to delight any collector or enhance any wall, this Negretti & Zambra barometer is a fine historical instrument. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to hang.
Max Width: 11cm (4.25'')
Max Depth: 8cm (3.25'')
Max Height: 92.5cm (36.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World