Antique Steamer Trunk, English, Canvas, Leather, Travel Chest, Edwardian, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.7178
This is an antique steamer trunk. An English, canvas and leather-bound travel chest by Webb & Son, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Relive the elegance of the golden age of voyages
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - some water marks betray its intended purpose
- Quality frame dressed with appealing, light cream canvas and dressed with leather corners
- Beech rails add further strength to the case and offer warm caramel hues
- Generously sized, working brass clasp holds the lid securely — key present
- Further secured by a pair of secondary clasps
- Broad leather handles to either side aid carriage
- The stout lid opens smoothly and rests against two fabric stays
- Lid exterior bearing the passenger label for a Mrs Julia Mott, with hand-written surname to canvas
- Travel label to the front fascia details a journey to Toronto, Canada aboard a Manchester Liners service
- Maker's mark inside for Webb & Son of Plymouth, Bristol and Exeter
This is a delightful antique steamer trunk, with pleasing weathering and attractive details. Delivered ready to enjoy or display.
Max Width: 72cm (28.25'')
Max Depth: 48.5cm (19'')
Max Height: 39.5cm (15.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World