Antique Steamer Chest, English, Drawco, Carriage Trunk, Edwardian, Circa 1910
Our Stock # 18.6270
This is an antique steamer chest. An English, Drawco steel-hooped carriage trunk dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Indefatigable long-distance traveller appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Wooden frame with durable black textured fascia
- Crafted with Drawco steel hoops for a dependable, lightweight trunk
- Decorated with colourful, period transit labels
- Dressed with brass hardware for the lock escutcheon and clasps
- Sliding lock mechanism with key and six-sided die charm
- Maker's mark for Drawco features at the lower right side
- Lid marked with stencil and reads End Cart - OASC/301
- GWR stencil to front relating to the celebrated Great Western Railway
- Fascinating Italian 'Biglietto D'Ingresso label one of several such present
- Each side adorned with a broad leather strap for carriage
This is an appealing antique steamer chest. Ideal room storage or coffee table base for the intrepid adventurer's living room. Delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 79.5cm (31.25'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 50cm (19.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World