Antique Steamer Chest, English, Cedar, Shipping, Travel, Trunk, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.6524
This is an antique steamer chest. An English, cedar shipping or travel trunk, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- A fine trunk for distant voyages
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Wonderful stocks of cedar with rich caramel hues
- Shows fine grain interest to its wax polish finish
- Strong, braced lid with five horizontal staves and stout iron corners
- Lid opens on long tapered brackets to rear and united by a cross brace
- Comes to rest on a generous chain link stay
- White painted interior in good, original order
- Dressed with a brass clasp and a square, inset lock plate — key absent
- Carried by way of two iron loop handles with broad stud fastening
- Interior replete with maker's label
- Copious detail for the business of P. W. Gibbons, Sloane Square, London.
This is a fascinating, strong antique steamer chest, well suited to the days of long distance travel. In the modern home, making for a fantastic centrepiece coffee table or as home storage. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 84cm (33'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World