Antique Spectrometer, French, Brass, Scientific Instrument, J G Hofmann, 1860
Our Stock # 18.6665
This is an antique spectrometer. A French, brass scientific instrument by Dr. J.G. Hofmann, dating to the mid-19th century, circa 1860.
- A fascinating, attractive instrument
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Polished brass replete with rich golden hues
- Primary barrel dressed in quality leather
- Affords the spectral analysis of stellar and nebular light
- Four small slits pass light through a system of five prisms
- Crown wheel to the side allows adjustment to different parts of the spectrum
- Engraved with the name J.G. Hofmann, Paris
- Supplied with dust-cap for the front element and removable eye-cup
- Presented in its box with a cobalt blue velour interior lining
This antique spectrometer is a superb 19th century scientific instrument, from one of the pioneers in French spectral analysis. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 3cm (1.25'')
Max Depth: 25.5cm (10'')
Max Height: 3.5cm (1.5'')
Box Width: 31cm (12.25'')
Box Depth: 6.5cm (2.5'')
Box Height: 5.5cm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World