Antique Small Writing Desk, Asian, Rosewood, Side, Lamp, Table, Victorian, 1850
Our Stock # 18.6478
This is an antique small writing desk. An Asian, rosewood side or lamp tale dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Rare and hugely ornate and striking small desk
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Rosewood resplendent with fine grain interest
- Rich, deep hues throughout its wax polish finish
- Stout top with egg and dart continuous edge carvings
- Front apron with carved frieze panel of foliate motif
- Drawer dressed with an inset, working brass lock — key present
- Opens to reveal a trio of compartments, the central leather skiver set within a reverse opening lid
- Acanthus corner brackets adorn the edges of each apron
- Raised upon profusely pierced legs with bird and vine carvings and delightfully ornate brass forms
- Broad, gently arched stretcher with further foliate and leaf decoration
- Raised upon shaped trestle feet with elegantly crafted birds
This is antique writing desk is an outstanding example of Asian carved furniture, with an abundance of skilled craftsmanship on display. Lovingly finished to each side for central room placement. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 76cm (30'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 72cm (28.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World