Antique Side Table, Mahogany, English, Writing Desk, Late Georgian, Circa 1800
Our Stock # 10.1799
This is an antique side table in mahogany, an English writing desk dating to the late Georgian period circa 1800.
- An attractive piece in choice cuts of fine mahogany
- Appealing grain detail and of good consistent colour
- Benefiting from fine flaming to the upper surface and drawer fronts
- Displaying good proportion with a desirable aged patina
- Three-quarter nib galleried top
- Over a suite of three frieze drawers with hand cut dovetailed joints
- Dressed with later loop handles over pressed brass backplates
- Brass keyhole lining and locks, key absent
- Raised on gently tapering square section legs
- Curved spandrels softening the union from frieze to leg
- A minimal rear overhang to the top for close-wall placement
A good example with solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 97cm (38.25'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World