Antique Side Chair, 19th Century, Nursing, Salon, English, Walnut, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 10.1779
This is an antique side chair, a 19th century nursing or salon chair in English walnut dating to the early 19th century circa 1820.
- A superior example in fine condition
- The English walnut frame displaying good colour, grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Traditionally stuffed and professionally upholstered
- Finished in an emerald green damask cloth with matching brocade trim
- Raised on cabriole legs to the front and swept rear legs
- The serpentine seat rails run seamlessly and sinuously around the seat pad
- Displaying well executed carved detail of floral and foliate detail
- The front legs riding upon solid brass castors
- The attractive, shaped, show-back, back rest is a work of art
- Displaying a lower carving and rising to a magnificent cresting rail
- A carved shell flanked by floral sprays frame the magnificent, circular fretwork centrepiece
A delightful chair. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Seat Width: 47cm (18.5'')
Seat Depth: 40.75cm (16'')
Seat Height: 43.25cm (17'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World