Antique Shipwright's Tool Chest, English, Maritime, Craftsman, Trunk, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6526
This is an antique shipwright's tool chest. An English, pine maritime craftsman's trunk, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- A splendid antique chest
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select pine shows fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues throughout
- Stout lid with internal bracing
- Opens smoothly on internal brass hinges
- Held in place with a bright brass chain link stay
- Revealing an internal candle box with opening lid
- Dressed with an oval escutcheon over an inset iron lock — key absent
- Iron braced corners with exposed dovetail joints
- Original rope handles mounted within large pine keepers
- Raised upon a continuous plinth base
This is a charming antique shipwright's chest. Ideal for use in the living room as a coffee table or for home storage. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 102.5cm (40.25'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 45.5cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World