Antique Shipwrights Chest, English, Pine, Maritime, Steamer, Trunk, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6272
This is an Antique Shipwright's chest. An English, pine maritime tool or steamer trunk, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Time-served maritime history with later vintage appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select pine in natural state to lid, with painted fascias
- Pine shows rich caramel hues, fine grain interest and painted gold tooling
- Stout lid dressed with brass shoulders
- Iron drop handles feature at each end
- Small, working brass lock escutcheon, key present
- Vintage stencil and freehand text
- Adorned with period shipping paraphernalia
- Paper shipping label to Malta via Montgomery Line, dating to 1933
- Shipping label with passenger information features at the front
- Inside lid replete with unused paper form for H. Ford and Sons, contractors to the Admiralty
This is an appealing shipwright's chest with strong bon voyage taste. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 93.5cm (36.75'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World