Antique Ship's Chest, English, Pine, Merchant, Tool Trunk, Victorian, Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.6429
This is an antique ship's chest. An English, pine merchant or tool trunk, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Stout Victorian chest
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Pine shows fine grain interest
- Weathered appearance, commensurate with age, adds to the appeal
- Lid operates upon long iron hinges, with support chain
- Original rope handles set within a pine keeper
- Dressed with inset brass lock — key absent
- Hand-painted fascia homage to HMS Oxford, with the dates of its maiden voyage and demise
- Small, inset silvered anchor charm to corner of lid
- Lid interior presents a sketch of the British Navy red ensign
- Offering a candle box to the right-hand side
This is a charming antique ship's chest with appealing patina and weathering. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 111cm (43.75'')
Max Depth: 48.5cm (19'')
Max Height: 49cm (19.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World